By: Frank Gardner . **BOOK HAS A LOOSE FRONT COVER - SIGNED BY FRANK GARDNER**
The CastroL Racing Drivers' Manual is a unique modern guide to the art of race driving. Frank Gardner, 1972/73 British Champion Racing Driver, won his very first motor race in 1949. Few careers in motor racing have been so consistently successful as his, and here in his inimitable style he passes on his priceless experience, both for the benefit of the newcomer to race driving and for the entertainment of the enthusiast.
Copiously illustrated, the book's 160 pageS cover everything from the basic capabilities a racing driver needs, to . . .
- WHAT clothing he should wear Ili
- WHAT car he should choose
- HOW to test and develop it
- HOW to prepare and maintain it
- WHAT tyre technology means
- HOW vital is a good mechanic
- HOW to approach a practice session
- HOW to tackle the race itself
- VVHAT's what in sponsorship
- WHAT the big cars are like to drive