By: Joao Diniz Sanches .
The Driving Games Manual celebrates four decades of a video game genre that first screeched onto the scene in 1974 and has yet to show any signs of slowing down. So strap yourself in for a drive that turns the ignition switch for Gran Trek 10 and still has its toot flat on the floor by the time it reaches Race Driver: ORD. overtaking classics such as Sprint Z Pole Position, REVS, OutRun, Formula One Grand Prix Daytona USA, Sega Rally Championship, Grand Prix Legends, Gran Turismo, Colin McRae Rally Live for Speed and many more along the way.
With more than 450 images. The Driving Games Manual is the ultimate guide to this hugely popular sector of video gaming, taking readers on a nostalgic ride detailing 50 of the most notable driving video games ever released, while also providing practical advice on becoming a better virtual racer through the application of real-life race driving techniques.
The Driving Games Manual includes:
- The 50 key driving game releases of all time on arcade and home consoles
- A 150-game illustrated timeline tracking the technical evolution of the genre
- A detailed game listing comprising more than 700 driving titles released on 44 formats - both arcade and home - since the 1970s
- Chapters dealing with driver and track techniques - racing lines, overtaking, and car control to be applied for track, rally and drift categories
- The fundamentals of car set-up explained
- Guidance on driving game peripherals - the elements needed to turn your home into the perfect virtual racing experience