By: John Watts .
Your step-by-step colour illuststrated guide to complete restoration. Covers all models.
Covers all models of the famous 'Fizzie', the most successful sports moped of the '70s.
The Yamaha FS1-E is a 1970s icon. Introduced in the early 70s, it became an instant success, giving sixteen year olds their first taste of motorcycle performance and freedom, and totally overshadowing the other mopeds available at that time.
Many riders had their FS1-E for only one year only before progressing to larger machines.
Today, nostalgia for the youthful exuberance engendered by the 'Fizzie' has resulted in many ex-owners wanting to recreate their pride and joy.Most FS1E's have not endured the test of time well, and very few good original examples exist. There are plenty of restorable machines around and this book guides the do-it-yourself restorer through the minefield of initially finding a machine to restore and the pitfalls of a first restoration.
The bikes featured in the photos are a seriously neglected 1974 machine, a part restored 1976 model - of dubious type, and a 1975 DX model which arrived as a pile of bits.
- Covers all aspects of restoration and repair, including mechanical, electrical, frame and trim
- Valuable guidance on model choice and purchase
- Featured bikes are a neglected 1974 model, a part-restored 1976 model and a 1975 DX model
- Clubs, specialists & suppliers
- 128 pages, with 225 colour photos and 10 line drawings