By: Keith Buglewicz .
The Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon and Plymouth Laser—collectively known as Diamond Stars—were the high-performance bargains of the 1990s. Their turbocharged drivetrains, sophisticated suspensions and head-turning style inspired a generation of tuners when first introduced in 1990. and they continue to do so today.
Mitsubishi & Diamond Star Performance Tuning discusses the history of Diamond Star Motors, tips on buying a used Diamond Star and high-performance tuning for any budget. Learn from the pros how to build the engine for power, sharpen the chassis' handling and strengthen your drivetrain for the track or the street. This book offers insights to everyone. It shows beginners the path to more performance and how to avoid common mistakes. Experienced Diamond Star fans can get the latest information on what works and what doesn't from the best in the business.
- How to buy a used Diamond Star, including information on "crankwalk" and other potential trouble spots
- Detailed information on the differences between the first generation (1990-94)—and second generation (1995-99)—cars
- How to get more power without breaking the bank
- Tips to improve braking
- How to maximize the benefits of bolt-on modifications
- Information on selecting a turbo for the track or street
- How to build a stroker engine for maximum torque
- Tips to increase transmission strength
- How to tune your engine computer for the most power