By: Iain Ayre .
The complete guide to buying and running a low-cost Porsche.
Many drivers dream of owning a Porsche, particularly an example of the legendary 911, but to many this ambition appears to be beyond reach. This comprehensive, extensively illustrated guide aims to inspire would-be Porsche owners to turn their dreams into reality, identifying and providing inside information on the various models that can be bought and run on a budget. A 1972 911 Carrera in London can cost £30,000+ but a scruffy 1975 911 Targa in Los Angeles can cost as little as a tenth of that amount - The Affordable Porsche advises you how to get the best car for the least money.
The down-to-earth text includes advice on:
- Buying and running 911, 912, 914, 924, 928, 944/968, 356 and Boxster models.
- How and where to find an affordable Porsche.
- What to look for and what to avoid when buying a car, including details of structure and mechanical components.
- Maintenance and repairs, improvements and modifications.
- Importing rust-free US cars into the UK.
- Appendices of Porsche identification numbers and model-by-model specifications.