Author: Bob Bolles, Softbound, 154 Pages, ISBN: 9781557885623, Fully Updated and Revised Edition, 2010 (First published as -'Stock Car Setup Secrets' (2003)
- Winning Chassis Designed Setup for Circle Track and Road Race Cars
Winners don't use trial and error. Learn how your chassis works and what it wants so you can race with the best setup!
Then, and only then, will you experience success in racing.
Winning races is a combination of many factors, but you can't do it if you don't have the correct understanding of chassis and suspension setup. Advanced Race Car Chassis Technology is a revised and updated edition of the author's previous work, Stock Car Setup Secrets. It offers the most current technology that is helping top teams win in many divisions of racing, including Cup, Touring Late Models, All Modified divisions, Stock Clip Late Models, Mini Cars, Formula and Road Racing divisions, and every class of dirt and asphalt circle track racing. It literally takes the guesswork out of understanding your chassis setup!
Included is information on:
• Chassis Dynamics — A Complete Explanation
• Goals for Winning Chassis Setups
• Front and Rear Geometry Design Basics
• The Dynamics of the Moment (Roll) Center
• Load Transfer
• Applications for Racing Shocks
• Real-World Race Car Aerodynamics
• The Effect Springs Have on Your Setup
• Improved Steering Systems
• Fundamentals of Racing Brake Systems
• How to Measure for Bump Steer
• Measuring for Ackermann Steering
• Camber and Caster — A Complete Explanation
• Racing Chassis Software