By: Norm Mort .
This book covers British cars powered by American engines and American cars fitted with British power plants, built during 1930s-1970s.
Many of the American-powered British makes offered for sale were often constructed with everything from trials and rallies to road racing in mind. For enthusiasts, the American V8 in a British chassis provided fast, reliable touring at a fraction of the cost. In contrast, the American cars fitted with British power plants were often designed for economy.
Brochures, period literature, road test info of the day, factory press kits, and over sixty colour photos of restored examples provide detailed shots of the engines and styling that set these Anglo-American cars apart. Decade by decade information allows for direct comparison.
- The first book dedicated solely to Anglo-American hybrid cars
- Comprehensive guide of complete marque and model range
- Deeply researched history reveals many little known facts
- Unique and rare models
- Rare factory photos, advertisements and original brochure images
- Models produced for European and North American markets
- Production data and original road test info on individual models
- 100 high quality photographs including colour images of restored examples
- Engine and detail photos
- Index allows for quick access to specific makes and models.