By: Michael Dan .
An A to Z color reference book on classic motor scooters and microcars primarily from the 1950s to the 1970s. A hugely entrtaining "I was there" account of of the classic scooter and microcar era, this book is highly illustrated and also contains an essential A-Z reference to these fascinating machines.
This is mainly a photographic reference book to classic scooters and microcars with specification data presented in A to Z order of manufacturer. There are also nostalgic recollections by the author based on ownership and personal experience. In the middle 1950s as a teenager Mike Dan became interested in these then newly-arrived forms of transport. Eventually Mike owned a series of scooters and a microcar. He became involved in Scooter and Microcar Clubs and took part in many local and national sporting events gaining a collection of awards and trophies. In the mid 1980s he had time again to visit many indoor and outdoor classic vehicle shows. Eventually this led to a renewed personal involvement in the restoration of a series of over twenty classic scooters and three classic microcars. This highly entertaining book and reference source is therefore written with the authority of a lifetime enthusiast.
- Comprehensive photo recognition guide
- Comprehensive specification data
- Comprehensive date Listings
- Large selection of period adverts and brochure illustrations
- Background information on every vehicle featured
- Good range of scenic photographs
- Written from personal experience of over fifty years
- Guide to Period Magazines
- Club directory for scooters and microcars
- The author is an expert on scooters and microcars