By: Dave Moss .
Everything today's driver needs to know about choosing and using a car in an economical and eco-efficient way
- Buy a car that delivers the best economy and low emissions, whilst still meeting your needs
- Learn how to drive to get best mpg and lowest emissions
- Interpret government fuel data to choose your eco-efficient car
- Understand why 4x4 vehicles have a bad reputation for eco-efficiency
- Get to grips with eco-related technical matters, such as "what's a DPF?"
- Learn to drive automatic gearbox vehicles in an economical/efficient way
- Work out if you're becoming a more economical driver
- Use readily available information to help you become a more eco-efficient driver
- The pros and cons of hybrid vehicles and alternative fuels for the ordinary driver
- Future alternatives for powering cars — advantages and disadvantages