By: Bentley .
Service to Audi owners is of top priority to Audi and has always included the continuing development and introduction of new and expanded services. Whether you're a professional or a do-it-yourself Audi owner, this manual will help you understand, care for, and repair your Audi.
Although the do-it-yourself Audi owner will find this manual indispensable as a source of theory of operation and step-by-step maintenance and repair information, the Audi owner who has no intention of working on his or her car will find that reading and owning this manual will make it possible to discuss repairs more intelligently with a professional technician.
Production years: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006
- Maintenance procedures: from oil changes to belt replacement.
- Engine and cylinder head service, including timing belt replacement for 4-cylinder engines.
- Removal, installation and testing of Motronic fuel injection system components.
- Exhaust system component replacement, including secondary air injection system.
- Drivetrain maintenance, troubleshooting, adjustment and repair, including clutch, gearshift linkage, and drive axles.
- Suspension component replacement, including front struts, rear shocks, springs, front stabilizer bar and alignment procedures and specifications.
- Body adjustment and repairs, including front door components, fenders, bumper covers and convertible top replacement.
- Interior equipment, door panels, trim panels and removal and installation of front and rear seats.
- Heating and air-conditioning component replacement.
- Electrical system troubleshooting and repair, including instrument cluster, sound system, lighting and switches.
- Full model line wiring diagrams with fuse and relay locations, including an easy-to-use illustrated component locator section.
- Audi OBD II diagnostic trouble codes, SAE-defined OBD II P-codes, as well as basic scan tool operation.
- Comprehensive Audi factory tolerances, wear limits, adjustments, and tightening torques.
1.8 liter turbo gasoline (engine code: ATC, AWP, AMU, BEA) 3.2 liter gasoline (engine code: BHE)
02J 5-speed manual (front-wheel drive)
02M/02Y 5- and 6-speed manual (all-wheel drive) 09G 6-speed automatic (front-wheel drive)
02E 6-speed DSG (all-wheel drive)