By: Haynes .
Written from hands-on experience gained from the complete strip-down and rebuild of several Honda Civics in our Project Workshop, this manual can help you understand, care for and repair your Civic. We do it ourselves to help you do-it-yourself, and whatever your mechanical ability, the practical step-by-step explanations, linked to over 900 photos, will help you get the job done right. Regular servicing and maintenance of your Civic can help maintain its resale value, save you money, and make it safer to drive.
Inside this Manual
- Maintenance Simple weekly checks to keep you on the road
- Servicing Complete, fully illustrated step-by-step guide
- Fault finding Pinpoint specific problems easily
- The MoT Step-by-step test checks
- Brakes Safety checks and repairs for the home mechanic
- Electrics Easy-to-read wiring diagrams
- Haynes tips Valuable short cuts make many tasks easier
Models covered by this Manual
Civic Hatchback, including special/limited editions
Petrol: 1.4 litre (1396cc) & 1.6 litre (1590cc)
Diesel: 1.7 litre (1686cc) CTDi
Production years 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005.
Does NOT cover Type R/Type S models with 2.0 litre petrol engine, 2-door Coupe or 1.3 litre electric hybrid Executive IMA Saloon
Does NOT cover 'new' Civic range introduced January 2006