Author: Dave Boothroyd, Hardbound, 159 Pages, ISBN: 9781785001208, 1st Edition, 2016
A workshop guide to strip-down, rebuild, maintenance and repair of two-stroke motorcycle engines. Author Dave Boothroyd covers the principles and practice of two-stroke engine work, examining a wide range of marques and road, racing and trail motorcycles.
With over 450 photos in colour, the book covers:
• Chronological development of 0,vo-stroke engines and workshop procedures for each era
• Guide to strip-down of engines, examining each major engine component in turn, including cylinder head, piston, piston rings, crankcase, flywheel, bearings, inlet manifold, clutch, gearbox and primary drive etc.
• Scooters — classic Lambretta and Vespa
• Racing motorcycles and tuning engines for best performance
• Diagnosing problems
• Tips, tricks and workshop safety This wide-ranging book will be an essential, practical reference source for the two-stroke motorcycle owner or restorer.
Dave Boothroyd has always been fascinated by the workings of engines, in particular with two-stroke motorcycles and their engines. He bought his first motorcycle at fifteen and since then has rarely passed a week without riding one. After attending
university and qualifying as a teacher, he introduced motorcycle engineering to schools before moving on to teach college students and apprentices in the north of England.