• Step-by-step – how to set up a home car workshop
• The best hand and power tools for working on your car
• Welding equipment for car fabrication and repair
• Home workshop layouts to make the best use of space
• Designing a home workshop from scratch
• Working under a car – pros and cons of ramps, hoists and pits
• Build your own storage cabinets, car ramps and workbenches
• How to use hand tools to get the best results
• Designing and fabricating components for car modification
• Set up your own car restoration home workshop
Want to modify, restore or maintain your car at home? This book is a must-read that covers the complete setting-up and use of a home workshop. From small and humble to large and lavish – this book shows you the equipment to buy and build, the best interior workshop layouts, and how to achieve great results.
THE complete guide to setting up, equipping and using a home car workshop. Working on your car at home saves you money and helps you to achieve the results you want. You might want to perform routine servicing, modify a car, restore a car, or even build a car from scratch, but to achieve the best outcome, you’ll need a properly-equipped workshop.
Whether you have a small or large space, this book covers workshop design, equipment, storage, safety aspects and much more.
You will find handy tips on the safe use of tools, a guide to welding, as well as instructions for building your own storage racks and cabinets, how to build a strong workbench – even how to make your own full-length car ramps. It also gives advice on the best tools for working on the electronics of your car. The book is fully illustrated throughout with real-world examples.
If you are planning to set up your own home car workshop, this book covers everything you need to know.
Applies to all types of road and competition cars.